Harvest Moon Tweet-up
Thanks to all the vineyards and all the people that made the Harvest Moon Celebration a great success – and fun too! The Harvest Moon Celebration was a Blind Tasting of Rhone Varietals, held at Andrew Lane Wines in St Helena CA.
Andrew Lazorchak organized this event with help from Jason Mancebo and Marshall Coffy. Andrew & Jason wanted to throw a tweet-up in honor of the harvest moon, and felt that Rhone Varietals were a great match for the Autumn air and harvest moon. All attendees were asked to bring a bottle and each bottle was concealed in a brown bag and was numbered so that all attendees could blind taste the wines making for great anticipation of the unveiling.
Here are the wines as they were bagged and tasted (in no special order).
- Kuleto Estate Syrah (2005) Donated by Kuleto
- Kiamie R’own Blend (2006) Donated by Kiamie Wines
- Vinot – Mouvedre (2006 ) Brought by attendee
- Ted The Goat Grenache/Syrah (2006) ***served without Soiree
- Ted The Goat Grenache/Syrah (2006) ***served with Soiree
- Black Tie Syrah (2005) Brought by attendee
- Penfolds Syrah (2003) Brought by attendee
- EXP Syrah (2006) Brought by attendee
- Pacific Oasis (2006) -Corked- Brought by attendee
- Murdock Dos Trios (2006)- Brought by attendee
- Ecluse “Rendition”59% Syrah 22% Grenache 22%Mouvedre – Donated by Ecluse
- Andrew Lane Petit Sirah (2007) – Donated by Andrew Lane Wines
- Cass – Rockin One Marsanne/Rousanne (2008) – Donated by Cass Winery
- Nine Vines – Rose Grenache/Syrah (2007) – Brought by attendee
- Trinchero Syrah (2006) – Brought by Trinchero
- Angove Nine Vines – Shiraz (2007) – Brought by attendee
- D’Argenzio Family – Petit Sirah (2005) – Donated by D’Argenzio Family
- Maisonry – Marsanne/Roussanne (2008) – Brought by Maisonry
- Domaine La Bouissiere Les Amis de la Bouissiere 2007 – Brought by attendee
There was a general scoring which will be posted shortly. And you can also see reviews of select wines on 20dollarwineblog.
It was a great event and you can bet there will be more to come…
We welcome your comments and thank you for reading!